Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have an unresponsive oven and would like to reset it.

Customer Question

Hello, i have an unresponsive oven and would like to reset it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

###########################################################################################
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
And FYI 95+% ovens do not have a reset button of any kind.

What is the unit doing or not doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know the model number and can't see any stickers.I can not input anything in the digital buttons.I believe this happened before and was easily fixed by resetting the oven.

Whom is the manufacturer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maytag
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maytag
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

How old is the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just turned off the fuse.No change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about
8 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model MEW 6530DDS

ok so you have turned the power off to it and back on and it is still dead.

Doe you have even an interior oven cavity light when you open the oven door?

and do you have a volt-ohm meter and know how to use it to be able to test for voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned the oven off and back on by switching the main fuse box of the house on and off.There is light in the oven and the only button on the oven that works is the cancel button, making a beep sound when pressed , however not having any effect. All other buttons are "dead".

Do you have a Volt-ohm meter to be able to do any testing on the unit?

And do you see a control lock on the oven or a padlock symbol .

Thinking the control board may be locked out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to handle a volt meter unfortunately.The time is displaying on the dashboard and there is no padlock symbol visible.The oven started to behave weird the day before, where it wasn't able to input some of the numbers on the dial.That is why I thought a reset will be adequate.

Ok the only (reset) would be to turn the power off for over 5 minutes to reboot the oven control .

if that does not reboot the control I suspect that the console panel will need to be replaced .

From what you are saying ,since the cancel button does respond and the time is displayed ,then the control is getting voltage just not responding to your commands.

But lets try one trick .You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first.
Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons.
Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic.
If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will try this later today.Thank you

ok if it does not work ,

(I do get it to work some times but not every time ,but it is worth a try ,,then the console /keypad assembly will need to be replaced.

I will go ahead and give you the parts info on that so you do have it and do not have to wait on me to reply back to you.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-And-Control-Panel/5765M43460/1489112?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** keep you posted!

No problem ,good luck

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.