Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an AVANTI WINE CHILLER WC681BG motor runs,does not

Customer Question
chill....
I have an AVANTI WINE CHILLER WC681BG motor runs,does not chill.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If the compressor is running and it is not cooling the unit is likely out of freon. Often the Avanti units develop leaks causing that issue, the problem is the cost to repair will likely exceed the replacement cost, so that will be up to you to decide what action you want to take.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I want to repair. I assume you can direct me how to repair.

Do you have freon gauges an access valve, vacuum pump, scale to weigh the new gas in?

This is a canned answer. I have not approved this payment

This is not a canned answer, I am not sure how you expect to do anything on the sealed system otherwise.

1. There is no ACCESS VALVE on the system, so even to check the pressures you would need to install one.

2. To check the pressures of the system to see if it were low, you would need gauges.

3. To installed new gas you have to either recover the old gas or pull a vacuum on the system as there would be air in it.

4. The system is a small charge about 2-3 ounces...so you have to weigh in a charge.

Not sure what you mean by canned answer. You are asking to do work without tools that you can not do so not sure what you are looking for, there is no push button solution to your issue.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician