Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung side by side. Refrigerator side ticks loud and stops…

Customer Question
Samsung side by side. Refrigerator...
Samsung side by side. Refrigerator side ticks loud and stops when you open the door. 2 years young
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If it is ticking loudly and stops when you open the door that would likely be a fan issue as the fans are the only thing that stop running when you open the door, the fan blade may be hitting ice or something causing that noise. You would need to remove the back panel inside the unit to get at the fan and check it out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Ticking stopped without opening door. Fan not running?

A piece of ice may be built up and has stopped the fan I would check it out for sure.