Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Bryan, this is similar to another question I just saw here.

Customer Question

Bryan, this is similar to another question I just saw here. I have a LG model LFD22860ST. It won't cool down, so a repairman came yesterday and said it was the starter device. He pulled the part out and I have it with a part no 6749JJ8001A. He could not locate that part so he ordered two different parts. One of them looks like a part that fits inside the old part, but the other one looks nothing like the old part. I called them and they insist that the parts are correct. Problem is my appt is not for 2 weeks! The parts I received are 46(###) ###-####-0004D1 - PTC Assembly. However this package has 2 different numbers on it - one is the same as the one I gave you and the other one is 6749C-0014E.
The other one I received is overload protector 6750C-0005P.
I was hoping my husband could just plug in the new parts, but now I don't think they are correct... Any advice?
Thanks,
Shelley
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The original manufacturers part 6749JJ8001A now substitutes to a two piece part which is the 6750C-0005P overload and the relay 6749C-0014E they are the correct parts .

one power wire goes on the relay terminal #3 and the second power lead goes on the the terminal on the overload and you no longer use the two wire capacitor .

So the manufacture has omitted the capacitor and gone to a two part start relay /overload combination versus the single /PTC along with the capacitor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this would be something my engineer husband should be able to plug into the fridge and get it working? The technician said it would take like 5 seconds for them to do it....

Yes that is correct. it is just a plug in and go type of parts.