How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10391
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Whirlpool GI7FVCXWY01 French door 6yrs old I need

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool GI7FVCXWY01 French door reefer 6yrs old I need to replace water line to icemaker the fitting that pushes into the top of reefer cracked. The OEM replacement part comes as a unit fitting and line attached. My problem is I am not sure where the other end of line attaches and I am having trouble removing panels on the inside of reefer surrounding filter where I think the line attaches. can you confirm where line attaches and how to get to it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The other end of the fill tube goes to the water inlet valve .

Which on this model that is located in the fresh food section ceiling to the right of the icemaker.

If you have any questions just reply back.