Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I own a U-Line Fridge that is 10 years old...it is located

Customer Question

I own a U-Line Fridge that is 10 years old...it is located in an outside covered cabana. I heard the fridge making a "five tone beep" recently....and it does so every minute. I opened the fridge to discover that the drinks were not very cold. The readings inside the unit flash "Er" and "40 degrees"...Any suggestions?
It is model # ***** and serial # *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The Er just means that the control detects there is a problem in the unit. Do you see any frost build up inside?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no frost build up inside the unit.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Okay, so you need to check to see that the condenser fan by the compressor is running and the condenser coil is clean. Also, is the fan inside running?

.