Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Frigidaire dryer LGQ2152ESO is not heating/drying our

Customer Question

Our Frigidaire dryer LGQ2152ESO is not heating/drying our clothes. It turns off before it's supposed to with all lights flashing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

All the lights flashing in the middle of the cycle and the dryer turning off means that your dryer thinks the thermistor has failed. The thermistor is like a resistance thermostat that the dryer uses. If the dryer thinks it's way to hot inside (thermistor is bad), then the dryer will NOT run causing the same symptoms. The thermistor is a black plastic part with 2 wires going to it mounted to the front of the blower wheel housing. You have to do a resistance check with a multimeter and it should be about 10,000 ohms or so. Either way, you remove the lower front panel of the dryer to see and replace the part. Below is a link to the part if you wanted to see what it looked like or order it. The part is about $20. If the thermistor checks good then of course you'd need to replace the front control board since that is the only other option and it can't be tested.

CLICK HERE for thermistor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll have to borrow a multimeter. Should be able to get one tonight.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright well either way, depending on what you find you'll know whether to replace the thermistor or the control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would a control board be?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

About $200. It's part number.