Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am getting the c01 code and when I try what you suggest

Customer Question

Hi, I am getting the c01 code and when I try what you suggest here I don't get a code beginning with e, it stays c01.when I turn the dryer in it just hums.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

C01 means that either the motor is drawing too much power or the belt is disconnected. Make sure the belt is attached and if so take the dryer apart and make sure nothing is jamming the drum from moving. Make sure nothing is caught in the blower wheel preventing the motor shaft from turning as well. If all that checks good and you still get this error, the motor would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is replacing the motor sonething I can do myself or does it involve specialty tools and skill? In this type of dryer is it cost effective to repair it vs replace it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

If you have a technician replace the part for you, it's probably not worth fixing because it'll run about $300 for everything. If you can do it yourself (and there is no reason why you can't if you're capable), then it'll cost about $100 for the part. The part number is###-##-####and below is a link to where you can order it if you'd like.

CLICK HERE for motor