Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Monogram Oven The display is showing Sabbath and

Customer Question

I have a GE Monogram Oven The display is showing Sabbath and that's all I'll can I turn off the Sabbath mode?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you tried to turn the power off to the unit for 1 full minute and turn it back on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this part of my problem why the oven door latch won't lock. I just put on a new lock and it still doesn't work

You likely have a bad control for the oven, did you have this issue and then try to replace the latch>

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When the oven door closes there's a latch that locks it and there's a trigger the turns off the light. The door won't close all the way because the latch won't lock it and the light stays on in the oven can't go higher than 400°. I just bought a new latch put it on and it still doesn't work, what else with the problem be?

SO as soon as you close the door the latch triggers to lock?