AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

My front loading washer won't start. I select the type of

Customer Question

my front loading washer won't start. I select the type of cycle I want to run, press start. The door lock initiates and then it unlocks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Any flashing lights? Error codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

This sounds like a fault in the door switch. If you have a multimeter you can test it for continuity. If no continuity then replace the door lock.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave and give me at least a 3 star rating. . If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Thank you for the advice!

Not a problem. Let me know if you need more help and please remember to rate me before you go, thanks.