Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a double wall unit ge profile I think model JKP54GP,

Customer Question

hello, I have a double wall unit ge profile I think model JKP54GP, when I set the top oven to clean it shows the "clean" light for a moment and then it starts blinking "lock" and beeping. I have been unable to clean it. My bottom oven cleans fine.
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hello,I'm so sorry for the extended wait time, whilst I was offline. Do youstill need help with this?

Ifso, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still need an answer
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

The most likely culprit here is a bad door lock motor.

I am assuming that the door does not lock at any point.

To check this, you would need to turn off the power, remove the outer cabinet and test the door lock motor with a meter. If its open circuit you will need to replace it

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob