Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a whirlpool gas oven. The broiler ignites fine. The

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gas oven. The broiler ignites fine. The burners light fine. I replaced the lower igniter twice thinking the part was defective. I replace the gas valve and still have the same problem. Sometimes it will light and get to temp then when reigniting I have a 50/50 shot at best. Just 4 or 5 clicking sounds and no fire. I know there is gas because i have lit it with a grill lighter while it's clicking. Why is my igniter failing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.You replaced the electrode with burner assembly on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the electrode is the igniter, then yes. Twice. It sometimes lights the first time but when reigniting it usually only makes clicking sounds and doesn't light.