How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Guru Your Own Question
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 14631
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a leak problem with this same GE fridge. At bottom

Customer Question

Hi. Have a leak problem with this same GE fridge. At bottom corner.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is the leak in the refrigerator bottom of freezer bottom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coming out at back corner of fridge at floor level. I can hear water dripping inside the unit too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u see my reply?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Your reply just came through, can you pull the unit out and remove the lower back pane to see if the leak is from one of the water lines by the fill valve? That would make the most sense.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screws holding the back panel are ridiculously small and I've been unable to remove them with wrenches or a socket
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

They should be phillips or torx screws.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got the back off and added a photo for you. Dripping from a plastic blue piece where a line from the top of the fridge is feeding into it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think this service is going to work for me. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok no problem at all.