Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a Blomberg DV17542 clothes dryer that only ran a few

Customer Question

I have a Blomberg DV17542 clothes dryer that only ran a few loads before switching off mid cycle. It's paired with a Blomberg washer in stacking configuration, with power from the dryer going to the washer. The washer receives power and functions, so at least there, 120 volt power is passing through. But the washer display is not functional and there are no signs of life. It seems like there may be a thermal circuit breaker that has triggered, but I don't know where to look for it. On an ASKO at another site, it is found on the back of the unit, behind a panel. I also can not find more than the user manual in the US. This unit is in a remote location and I would like to check the basics before bringing out to a service center.
I know the unit is getting 240 volts from the wall.
I know 120 is passing through the unit to the washing machine below.
I know the panel is getting no electricity on the dryer.
I know randomly pressing display buttons does nothing.
Thanks for this service!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hello,I'm so sorry for the extended wait time, whilst I was offline. Do youstill need help with this?

Ifso, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks

Rob