Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile microwave/convection oven above my

Customer Question

I have a GE profile microwave/convection oven above my stove. When the clea Ning lady cleaned the front of the unit, the control panel locked out and the display reads "F3" and keeps beeping like when it's done cooking. How do I make it stop?The serial #:AM906633K
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F3 means that the touchpad is shorting out. Try to unplug the microwave and just wait 24 hours to see if it will dry and and work normally. If not, then unfortunately the touchpad has just failed and would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order for your model. It's about $55.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.