Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag MFI2569VEM4;I my ice maker is not getting

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** a Maytag MFI2569VEM4;I my ice maker is not getting water and water from the door is slow I replaced part#W10312696 its the water inlet valve it just makes a noise at first water comes out of the door fast then slows I also replaced the filter inlet valve makes same noise until it fills up the filter any clues?/Ive tested the is maker by putting jumper on it , it does cycle thru you can here the switch click for the inlet valve but still does nothing and the water in the door when activated will flow fast and the inlet valve makes a humming noise and then water slows down but valve still makes humming noise the noise will slow down and stop when you remove cup from door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This is a restriction, either the filter is clogged or the water supply is not good. If you have it hooked up to an RO system that is the issue, if not remove the water line going to the refrigerator and test it in a bucket see if the pressure is good and steady and does not drop off, it will be one of these things.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this did not work ,have city water ,removed water line from fridge and turned water on and had full pressure and flow also removed lines from inlet valve and used compressed air and blew thru lines no obstructions on these, reassembled lines turned water on and this time there was no humming with the inlet valve how ever still no water to icemaker and water flow at the door is still strong at first than slows down

Then the filter is bad or you have a filter housing issue, that is all that can cause that issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this a new filter also

Try running it with the bypass cap if you have one for the filter. If that does not work then you need to check the filter housing often stuff gets in the small port on the filter housing causing that issue and you need to change out the housing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the noise which I was talking about is coming from the filter housing but if I replace that will that correct the issue with no water going in the ice maker

Yes as both water supplies run through that filter housing. I would replace that and I think that will solve both issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to replace the part first before rating and if issue is solved will gladly give an excellent rating please allow me a couple of days first as I have to order the part , thank you for your time and will be in contact soon

Yes no problem, just please remember to come back a lot of people do not.

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you otherwise the question will auto close.