Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore HE2 electric dryer - is the control board or thermal

Customer Question
fuse? All panel lights work...
Kenmore HE2 electric dryer - is the control board or thermal fuse? All panel lights work, when I hit power button and hold start button I hear faint click in relay - does that mean the control board is bad or is the thermal fuse is bad? Can you please help me determine what's going on with my dryer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Yes your thermal fuse on the blower housing is bad, let me get you a video to test it.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

How can I tell if thermal fuse is bad

You can just unplug the unit and the disconnect the thermal fuse wires, interlock them together and tape them up and see if it starts.

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you.

I checked the thermal fuse as suggested, still not working. What else could be the problem, please answer.What have you tried so far?: Taping the 2 blue wires together , check the dryer, the display said check lint filter
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

when you power the unit up and select a cycle and press and hold start does the time display count down ?

and my I have the model number to better assist you ?

Master Tech
Master Tech