Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kitchenaid fridge #KFCS22EVBL0 that keeps getting

Customer Question

i have a kitchenaid fridge #KFCS22EVBL0 that keeps getting warm. the temp rises to about 35 in the freezer and 50 in the fridge. After being unplugged, it will cycle down to the proper temps and than within about 12 hours be high again. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The fact that you unplug the unit and it starts to work again means that the problem is definitely one of the control boards. Now the display board wouldn't cause this issue, but either of the 2 main control boards on the back of the refrigerator behind the access panel could cause this problem. Most likely the issue is the main control board but since you can't test to be 100% certain, it's always a bit of a gamble. The part number I would replace is part number W10120827 which is your main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.