Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile French Doors Refrigerator Model #

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile French Doors Refrigerator
Model # ***** The control panel on the door starts beeping and flashing PC ER whenever you touch one touchscreen button...stays that way for hours...example::you can't switch from ice to water...if it's on crushed ice...it stays there...you do not touch it...within a couple seconds it starts beeping and flashing...What do you think? It has been unplugged for a time and it doesn't change anything...refrigerator works great besides not being able to use the control panel.?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this error means there is a communication error with the front dispenser. You'll want to remove the cover on the top of the left door hinge. Unplug the refrigerator and unplug the wire harness and plug it back together to hopefully get a better connection. If you plug the refrigerator back in and still have the same error, the display board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.