Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Eureka "the Boss" 4800 series upright and the

Customer Question

I have a Eureka "the Boss" 4800 series upright and the roller stops spinning when in contact with the carpet. Lift it off the carpet and it starts spinning again. Lately I have been replacing the belts more often than I used to and the current belt is still looking new.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue has to belt, motor or roller related. What is happening to the belts when they are needing to be replaced? Is the motor stopping when the roller stops or just the roller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor keeps running by the sound it makes. The belts are typically "chewed up" or "shredded" at the time of replacement. The roller was replaced a year or two ago. The bristles look good and not worn down but the area that makes contact with the belt may or may not be worn. Before I buy a new roller I wonder if there is something else going on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Unless the belts are not the correct ones or the motor shaft has issues, it really only can be the roller.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will go ahead and order one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, keep me posted!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the roller brush and belt. It turns out the belt is slipping from the motor shaft. I just went and bought a new vacuum. I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Odd, I wonder why unless the belts are incorrect. Glad you got it remedied, though.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!