Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My whirl pool frig side is not cooling i have replaced board

Customer Question

hello my whirl pool frig side is not cooling i have replaced board with reman board new whirpool dampner and new thermister on frig side the damper isnt opening?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

What is the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model:wsf26c3exw01
Serial: hr34012407
Freezer is getting to 10 degrees coils are clean as well fan above evaporator is running and the compressor is running thanks

Ok thanks! The freezer is only getting to 10 degrees? This is starting to sound like you have a freon issue. Can you remove the back panel in the freezer and check the evaporator frost pattern, if you only have some of the aluminum tubing frosted over and the rest is bare you have a sealed system issue and most likely a leak.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have checked with my uv light and see no dye anywhere. Only the bottom had frost at one point I removed the panel waited an hour and it frosted all the way up never froze up

Yes you have a leak for sure

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you.