Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WE HAVE RANGE MODEL CDEF3046LS .CAN NOT GET OVEN TO WORK

Customer Question

WE HAVE RANGE MODEL CDEF3046LS .CAN NOT GET OVEN TO WORK ;GET DR SIGNAL
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The DR signal means that the oven thinks the door is open. If you open the door and look in the upper left hand corner of the front oven frame, there is a plastic black push button switch. This is your door switch to tell the oven that the door is shut. If the door is securely shutting, you'll need to order and replace this switch. The part number is###-##-####

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TRIED THIS NO CHANGE TO OPERATION .THIS SWITCH TURN S TH E LITE OFF AND ON WE HAVE NEVER USED THE OVEN SINCE PURCHASING OUR CONDO UNIT
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I understand that it turns the light on and off, but it also is supposed to send a signal to the control board which tells the oven that the door is shut. There are multiple contacts in that switch. So if you're saying you replaced the switch and you still have the problem---your main control board would need to be replaced. There are no other options.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?