Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint BWD 129, i left a small load of washing in

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint BWD 129, i left a small load of washing in overnight on a wash/dry cycle and when I came back to it in the morning the drum still had a few inches of water left in the base of it.
It refuses to empty using the drain functions and now makes a faint buzzing sound when asked to do anything.
I did try to just set it to run a normal wash cycle and it started with the whole flushing sound in the powder drawer before reverting back to its doing nothing buzzing sound.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Have you checked the filter at the bottom?

If not then remove the wooden kickboard at the bottom of the kitchen and there you will see the filter on the right hand side.

If the washer is full of water then you need to slowerly drain the water from the filter into a shallow tray and then once the water is out you can then fully remove the filter from there clean out any debris from in there.

Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and in there at the back you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the impeller up.

Once its clear retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its just a blockage.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards