Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Francis, I have an Monogram ZIS 42D. It's 13 years old and

Customer Question

Hi Francis,
I have an Monogram ZIS 42D. It's 13 years old and could have been leaking for 13 all years, very slowley. Now with the hi heat and humidity I'm getting mildew. I'm not sure exactly where its leaking from but for sure some is coming out the bottom seal on the freazer side. Water is dripping from the bottom of the box directly under freazer side about four inches from the front of the box. I also noticed that my flapper does not seal properly but don't think that has to do with it. As soon as I figure out how to get the unit out I will deal with the damage but wanted to fix the problem before I pull it out
Thank you in advance for your service
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

That was a common issue and it is an extensive repair. You need a new pan heater kit to fix the issue. The job is labor intensive and not one I recommend at all for any DIY person to attempt. The repair will cost around $550-650 for a company to do.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

The issue may be the AC coil, if the unit is low is low freon the AC coil may be icing when that happens the blower will get noisy fast. I would check that as that would be the most likely issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason I've got conflicting answers from you about the same question. The first one made sense as a possibly but would need to know how to trouble shoot the problem so I don't go replacing the "pan heater kit" and find that's not the problem. Can also address why you gave two different answers? Maybe I'm missing something..

The site server has been messing up all day and sending a answer meant for another customer to other customers! The first answer is the one for you disregard the other post! Sorry about that!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you! how can I trouble shoot to confirm that the Pan Heater is the issue?

If it is leaking there the pan heater is bad, the old heater is in a bunch of tin foil and it deteriorates and causes that issue as the pan was really not a pan so to speak just a tin foil pan with a heater in it, they all fail and the new kit is vastly an improvement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the leak and where is the water coming from? This is great! Can you send me a YouTube link or instructions to fix my problem?

Here is a link to the part the part comes with a complete instruction guide to do the job if you want to tackle this project.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid and credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your last response is getting me closer, BUT the link you sent is dead.
The part and complete instructions is exactly what I need. Can you send that to my email***@******.*** please? That would be awesome and I will rate this very high..

Try this link again

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took you advice and was just on with Repair Clinic. They do not have the complete instruction guide to do the job. Please help me find out how to replace the parts you suggested.

Yes it does come with it trust me they all do just because it is not in the picture does not mean it is not there....it is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called and spoke with the business and they looked it up and said there are no instructions. Should I trust them or you? Is there another way to get my hands on the instructions. YouTube, anything? Much appreciated..

There are instructions with the kit, trust me he does not know what he is talking about have him go pull the box and open one they are there with all the kits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will do that. Thank you for your great guidance here. I will get back to you on this. Need to go deal with something else now but will get back later.
Thank you"-)

Yes no problem at all