Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Model TFX28PBBA BB and the ice make leaks

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is it leaking inside the freezer and dripping into the ice bucket? Are the cubes very large and stuck together in the maker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, ice maker seems to work fine, water is leaking into the bottom of the freezer
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so no leakage into the ice container then?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The defrost drain is plugged. You will need to remove the rear panel from inside the freezer (number 214 in the diagram at the link below) to access the drain for thawing. Once removed, you will see the aluminum evaporator coil (number 228). At the bottom of that coil, in the "V" channel in the lined, you will find the defrost drain. Using hot water only (nothing sharp), thaw that drain and make sure water drains easily from it. That should solve the ice issue you are having on the freezer floor.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!