Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

Why is our freezer frosting up so much?

Customer Question

Why is our freezer frosting up so much?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KFIS20XVMS1 is the model number. It's a top and bottom refridgerator/freezer from Kitchen Aid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay my computer crashed on me.

Were abouts is the frost in the freezer?

Is it in the back wall?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, all over. My wife uses a hair dryer to try and tighten up the seal around the drawer.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its frosting up all over then its usually down to a gap on the door seal allowing the warm air to enter the freezer and this causes the frost to build up in there.

Pull the appliance out a little and keep the freezer drawer closed but then open the fridge door and look at the freezer drawer seal and make sure its right up against the cabinet.

Also look at the sides as well and make sure theres no gaps in the door seal as well.

Also empty the freezer and remove the drawer and just check theres nothing stuck at the back stopping the drawer from fully closing.

As if you do the above and thats closing ok then that should stop the frost from forming.

Regards