Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The JetDry liquid is not being released on my Whirlpool

Customer Question

The JetDry liquid is not being released on my Whirlpool DU945PWSQ dishwasher
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

One minute while I pull up your unit.

Ok on that unit it was very common for the rinse aid dispenser to fail and not open correctly. You need to replace this part to fix the issue. The door panel needs to come off to get at it, so you need to remove the perimeter panel screws to get at it to change it out. Here is a link to the part you can purchase to fix it.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That pert does not match my unit. Problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how the liquid gets from the resivor to where evr it is supposed to go. I assume that the problem is either a blockage or nothing is triggering the release

If the soap cup is opening the dispenser actuator is releasing, that is the correct one for your model you have listed and I have replaced them many times as they get all gunked up/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not giving me the info I need. Where is the JetDry liquid released to ? Why can't I just un-gunk ? The part does NOT match my unit...which is maked part #3368968.2

Did you even take it apart yet????? That is the right part, you have not even taken it apart nor understand how it works but you are confident it is the wrong part...that is odd to me...let me see if another tech can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be a good idea since I have already told you that I have the inner door off and am looking at the resivoir...where do you think I got the part # ***** ? Please review my questions b4 berating me
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That model uses a dual wax motor, shown as number 17 in the diagram below. IT is likely that it has failed, not the rinse aid dispenser assembly. You would be able to see if it was plugged.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

As the name implies, that unit uses wax and a spring in the case to open the dispensers at appropriate times. Since the flip door does not release either, that is most likely the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The soap dispenser works. Wouldn't that indicate that the motor you reference is working? If you could explain to me how/where the Jet Dry liquid gets from the reservoir to the inside of the washer I could then inspect for blockage
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, your initial post states the flip door remains locked. When the actuator is energized, the lever extends to open the lever on the rinse aid dispenser so the rinse aid is loaded into the area just beyond the cap that is placed from the inner door panel side. The water flushes the rinse aid out and into the tub.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I have had everything apart. I will rinse the cap and fill the tank and put ot back together and hope. I am going to report the 1st tech for his rude behavior and request a refund. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, okay. Glad I could help, I guess.