AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

Upon starting my Sears washing machine mod.#11027032603 this

Customer Question

Upon starting my Sears washing machine mod.#11027032603 this morning the water began pouring in and then stopped. It would not start again even though I canceled and started the machine again. Same results, and now I cannot open the lid and it remains LOCKED!
There are clothes in the tub, partially wet and I cannot get a repair man here until Thursday. That is FIVE days from now. The clothes will be mildewed by then. Please tell me how I may get the lid unlocked so that I can at least get the clothes out of the washer and wash them at a laundromat!!! Carol Shoemaker (Richardson)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 10 minutes to see if it would reset the board?

If that does not work then below are instructions on how to open the door.

Using a putty knife, press and unhook the two front locking tabs from the top of the washer, and lift the top. The tabs are approximately 6-1/2 inches in from the outside edge of the washer. Hinge the top open to remove the clothes.

Remove the two hex-head screws from the lid lock and remove the lock and then the lid can be opened.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see you have not used the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page. Please take the time to rate me at least a 3 star, Thanks!