Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Light and turntable do not work but microwave cooks what is

Customer Question

Light and turntable do not work but microwave cooks what is broken?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

If the light nor the turntable work you likely have a bad door interlock switch. The top or bottom switch on the door interlock circuit is bad. There are 3 of them so you need to carefully check all three to find the bad one. Here is a link to a replacement one for you...CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i" click here" i get a message "this page is not available" what next ?

HMMMMM well lets try that LINK again....

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i "click here" it takes me to a parts company is this the part I need ? how many ? how do I know switch is bad ?
how do i replace it ?

Watch this video to see how many you need, you should only have one bad one...on that unit the top one typically for that issue.

CLICK HERE