Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

After leaving the doors open on my french door LG fridge to

Customer Question

After leaving the doors open on my french door LG fridge to clean it , it will not quit beeping every 30 seconds, like it thinks the doors are still open. I tried unplugging fridg to maybe reset it but that didn't work. I don't think the top refrigerator is working, the fan is not running, but the freezer is keeping everything frozen. Does it have a reset button? I also made sure all drawers were shut, and that there was nothing obscuring the seal top or bottom. I have opened and shut refrigerator several times, but it just keeps beeping every 30 seconds. Could this be a signal something else is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There is no reset button. The problem is that the unit has gotten too warm from leaving the doors open. You just need to give it a few hours to cool down and then it should stop the beeping. If not, then you definitely have a problem and likely it would be a bad control board if it's still cooling properly and the door are shutting the lights off inside when you close the doors.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?