AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

My gas dryer is not heating. There is a hole to look at. I

Customer Question

My gas dryer is not heating. There is a hole to look at. I don't know if it has a pilot. It is Whirlpool Imperial series dryer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Please post the model number so that I may better assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool comer oak quality super capacity plus with

Please look inside the door for a label with the model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LGN2000LWO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a pilot light. What do I do

The thermal fuse shuts off power to the dryer if the dryer overheats. If the thermal fuse has blown, the dryer will not heat. To determine if the thermal fuse has blown, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the thermal fuse does not have continuity, replace it.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have or know what a multimeter is? This does not help. Leaving for work.

A multimeter tests voltage of things. Your local hardware store will have them

I see you have not used the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page. Please take the time to rate me at least a 3 star, Thanks!