Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Samsung DV409AER/XAA-0000 Dryer. The panel has

Customer Question
I have a Samsung DV409AER/XAA-0000...
I have a Samsung DV409AER/XAA-0000 Dryer. The panel has power and the timer starts but the dryer part does not start to turn or blow.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Can you remove the top on the unit? If so see if the belt is broken on the unit.

Actually I went to clean the vent tube and vents. I got the vents cleaned and went to reattach the silver hose.
I went to climb behind the dryer lifting myself up to sit on the lid after stepping upon my trash can lid. I fell off backwards landing on the trash lid on my back. I hit the door with my hand and I think I broke it.
But I retried the wet towel I had to dry and it remained the same.
I will try to take the lid off tomorrow.

OK

I am looking for youtube video or something on how to remove the top properly and be able to put it back. I would call ya but my BF at this point does not know the dryer is messing up. And I didn't get the price I paid for the question thingy approved. He is a CPA is the reason I have to get things pre- approved.
I took the top off and the belt was broken, and very frayed on the edges. Im so thankful to find its not so far an electrical component. Hmm but the regular setting stops before the cloths is dry too! dang I forgot that since I just used the manual time setting anyway. My BF insists on using it even with me telling him its not working properly. I guess I should look into that as well although to me its not a high priority. But if it can be fixed as an easy replacement while replacing the belt
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Replace the belt.

Inside the dryer are two metal strips that sense the moisture in the clothes. The clothing passes over the strips and create an electrical path with the moisture in them. The metal strips sense the resistance in that electrical path and send that resistance reading to the control. The control then reads the resistance reading, interprets the resistance and from that reading determines how long the dryer needs to run. The less moisture in the clothing, the higher the resistance. The problem is that over time, detergent and softener residue builds up on the metal sensor strips and creates an insulating barrier between the strips and the clothing. Since the strips cannot sense the moisture in the clothing because of this barrier, it sends a high resistance reading to the control. The control then interprets that to mean that the clothes are dry and shuts off prematurely. You will need to clean those strips with a Scotch Brite pad, steel wool, sand paper or other abrasive to remove that barrier.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician