How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 21921
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took out a LM817392W down draft from my kitchen island.

Customer Question

I took out a LM817392W down draft from my kitchen island. The replacement I bought from Sears does not fit over the vent hole and takes up too much room in my cabinet.
Installer says I will lost my roll out shelves if I hook up the replacement I bought. It is still in the box. I have a few days to get a replacement that fits exactly and lines up correct.
Do you have a list of down drafts that can be used to replace a LM817392W ? (30' size, stainless in color) ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The model you posted is not a good number. If the vent you are replacing is more than about 10 years old, you will not likely find one that will match up. Can you please double check that model number?