Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How does the outer ring go onto a wfmc5801uc/16 fd8903

Customer Question
900204? the serial# *****...
how does the outer ring go onto a wfmc5801uc/16 fd8903 900204? the serial# ***** ***** 002047
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Are you talking about the tub boot spring?

there are 2 rings on the seal ,tub to door and the outer ring is giving me problems of pulling out of the frame

Yes that one is a bear to do....what you need to do is get it placed around the door then lubricate the tub boot channel and spring clamp good with DAWN. Now get the spring clamp started and the bottom and you should be about the 3 and 6 oclock positions using your thumbs under the clamp....The key is you have to use steady STRAIGHT UPWARD movement not pulling or varying from that while pushing up on the clamp to get it to seat back in without continually pulling off the small plastic edge. STEADY and STRAIGHT up using your thumbs it will hurt a bit, but the soap should make its slide around your thumbs and gasket fine.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician