Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My ice maker is not making any ice cubes. The blue water

Customer Question
My ice maker is not...
My ice maker is not making any ice cubes. The blue water line has no water in it. The line (water) coming from the wall feeds the cold water line, and you can get a glass of cold water, but none is going into the icemaker line. The refrigerator is a Kenmore side-by side Serial # ***** and the Model # *****: 253.56529400.
Will appreciate some help.....Jim Skinner, Prescott, AZ
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/21/2015
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

Could be the water line from the valve up to the ice maker is frozen. Remove the water line in back from the water valve - you should be able to blow through it. If that is OK , leave the water line loose from valve and remove screw holding the valve to the cabinet and pull it out a little. There are two solenoids and two water lines . Remove the two wires from each solenoid and connect the wires that went to solenoid above the larger water line ( the line that goes to the water dispenser ) and connect those to the solenoid which has the line you just took loose ( you may have to hold on , jthey are usually different size connectors . Now have someone depress the water dispenser in front . This will apply 120 volts to the ice maker solenoid and if it's good water will come out the connector - so have a cup ready to catch it. If that works , you have eliminated two things and it leaves the ice maker as the culprit. Newer refrigerator have an odd connector for the water lines , kjthey are not threaded - push in on the white collar while pulling the line out of the valve.

Please contact me about my ice cube maker which is not working. Water is flowing through the filter and the drinking water "faucet" on the refrigerator, but no water is being sent up the blue tube to the ice maker. Jim Skinner

Send your phone number

Have not heard back from you. If my posted answer was satisfactory and you have no more questions - please rate my answer - it's how I get paid.

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician