AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

My Samsung Dryer is not heating...it is running

Customer Question

my Samsung Dryer is not heating...it is running
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # *****
Ser# *****
Is there a reset I can do that might help.
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

So the unit turns, just no heat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Also, when I close the door, it start running....it does this rather it is in the power on mode or not. This model dryer should not start running until I hit the start button, when powered on.

The door switch would be faulty if not shutting off. As far as the no heat, could be a few things. Remove the back of the dryer and locate the round thermostat. If it has a red button then you can push it to reset it.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks