Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I accidently t the lock button on the oven control panel.

Customer Question

I accidently hit the lock button on the oven control panel. How do I get it to unlock?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

I need the complete make and model number off the unit. You can try to press the START button down for 5 seconds to unlock it that is common on a lot of Whirlpool units otherwise I need the model.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to look for make and model. I am house sitting so not familiar with this oven.
Thank you

OK try the START button though first. Push and hold it for 5 seconds