Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

About once or twice a day ice accumulates in the bottom of

Customer Question

About once or twice a day ice accumulates in the bottom of the freezer. What can I do to prevent this. I looked a my book did not find an answer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The defrost drain hole in the freezer behind the rear interior freezer panel . you will need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the rear interior panel to gain access to the drain hole ,and defrost it and flush the drain line /hole out ,the manufacture has come up with a defrost drain hole kit to stop this from happening

This kit wraps over the defrost heater so that when the unit is defrosting it also radiates heat down into the defrost drain hole

The kit has a metal piece that goes over the defrost heater and is secured in place by tightening a screw ,the tube you will not use it is for Top mount freezer models .

and this kit is a universal kit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Strap/819043/72649?rcaid=1000070

The only issue you will have is removing the freezer door and the drawer tracks they can be a pain to remove.

If you have any questions just reply back.

Here is a link to a video that will help you remove the drawer door and track assemblies .

If you have any questions just let me know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn1yimizKWA

Do you have any more questions for me today?