Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am geting water acumulation that first fills the bottom of

Customer Question

I am geting water acumulation that first fills the bottom of the freezer and then rund onto the floor. what is the best fix for this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

You have a defrost drain line issue. The drain line is blocked with ice. You need to remove the items in the freezer and the back panel in the freezer to expose the drain pan and hole under the evaporator. Then defrost the ice and line with hot water and a turkey baster or steamer if you have one. Once the drain line is clear confirm it by pouring a 1/2 cup of water down the drain hole and see if the water drains. If so put it all back together and you should be good to go!.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks