Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a fairly new Maytag Refrigerator (MBF 1958 XES6) and

Customer Question

I have a fairly new Maytag Refrigerator (MBF 1958 XES6) and the Refrigerator side of the temperature control is stuck on 7...when using the - button on the temperature control it will not lower the number...I have used the +/- switch on the freezer side of the control to shut everything down and when I use that same control (+) everything goes back to 4 and 7 respectively...I have unplugged the unit, waited a few minutes, plugged the unit back in, the temperature gauges still say 4 and 7. I still cannot change the number to the manufacturer's suggested setting of 4...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That model uses an integrated control, so if it is not working, it will need to be replaced. The control is shown as number 5 in the diagram at the link below and is accessed by removing the plastic module from the ceiling of the liner.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I remove the plastic module from the ceiling of the liner?...I see no screws...does $192 sound right for the replacement part?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the cover from the lights, you will see two slots that you will insert a flat screwdriver into to release tabs that will allow the assembly to pull down. I will get you the exact instructions in a few minutes, downloading them now. The control is a bit pricey, available at the link I sent you above.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See the page attached.