Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I a have a t5 on my Maytag dryer. I have cleaned all lint

Customer Question

I a have a t5 on my Maytag dryer. I have cleaned all lint checked heater it is 10.8 ohms, replaced the thermistor and the thermal fuse on the heated box cleared the error and it just comes back. What else can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

one minute while I check it out

Check for 10K ohms at the CN6 connector across the #2PIN and #6 Pin Red and Blue they should be. Do you have that there? The code you are getting means the thermister is reading shorted to the board.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks