Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cleaned out my icemaker last week. Now the arm, after it…

Customer Question
I cleaned out my icemaker...
I cleaned out my icemaker last week. Now the arm, after it releases ice, won't go back down unless I do it manually.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If the arm is sticking there really isn't much you can usually do but replace the icemaker itself. You could remove the icemaker if you wanted and then pry the front cover face off the icemaker to expose the head of the icemaker. Then you can remove the screws going into the head and pull the head of the icemaker off to see if you can use vasaline or something to lube the arm or file down some plastic that might be causing the arm to hang up, but if there isn't anything like that, the entire icemaker would need to be replaced.