Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does watertap mean? I'm getting a buzzing and watertap

Customer Question

What does watertap mean? I'm getting a buzzing and watertap comes up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

Water tap means that dishwasher doesn't think it's getting water from your house. The buzzing noise is the electronic water valve trying to open so either you don't have water getting to the dishwasher from your house or the valve on your dishwasher has failed and will need to be replaced. Check the water going to the dishwasher and if it checks good, below is link to the electronic water valve you'd need to order for your model. It's the part that the supply hose from your house connects to under the dishwasher (the part that is humming).

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.