Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag Refrigerator Model # MFI2665XEM7 that leaks

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Refrigerator Model # ***** that leaks a small pool of water from the bottom every so often. Is there something I have to do in the way of maintenance to drip pan or some other part?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Your defrost drain line is plugged up, you need top clear it out so the drain water goes down the drain. Here is a video to assist you with that repair.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a different model refrigerator than I have. My ice maker is on top in the refrigerator section, upper left top.

Yes but the issue is the same and they come apart the same. Is the water leaking in the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I can tell,,,it seems to be from the bottom. I can see a layer of ice below the freezer drawer though on the bottom shelf if that has anything to do with it?

Yes that video is what you need to do to fix it, you need to remove the drawer and defrost the drain line. That video is pretty much exactly what you need to do to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK,,,sounds good I will give it a try. Thanks!

Ok no problem and after a rating you can come back to me directly here anytime for FREE thanks!