Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My function panel is locked, can't change temp or from ice

Customer Question

My function panel is locked, can't change temp or from ice to water, etc. Replaced the hv board before when this happened and all was well for another 5 years. Same thing is happening now so I bought another board, but the "new" board will not go into program mode and locks functions as well, but now it is stuck on water. Put old board back and all is locked, but now back to ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.

Hello, this is Dave. Is the green light on at the lock/unlock button? If you hold the button for 3 seconds does the light go out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it is not on. Pressing and holding doesn't help either.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello I am a different tech, you need to replace the dispenser control board on the unit, That was a common issue, basically uyou need both they are not communicating with each other.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks