Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My mother used the self clean feature on her kenmore now

Customer Question

my mother used the self clean feature on her kenmore now neither bake nor broil work
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately there is a thermal fuse on the BACK of this oven which trips during self clean sometimes because the limits are so tight and the oven gets so hot. The entire oven would need to be pulled out and the screws going into the back sheet metal panel must be unscrewed. Remove the back sheet metal panel and then you can see a 1" black and silver device mounted to the back of the oven. Sometimes there is a tiny red button on this thermostat you can press hard and it will click to reset the heat. If there is not a red button to reset, then you need to replace the thermostat. You can test it with a multimeter if you have one and if you don't have continuity through it then replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.