Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Just put storage on bottom and know have a e 91 error code.

Customer Question
frigidaire affinity...
just put storage on bottom and know have a e 91 error code. frigidaire affinity
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/14/2015
Appliance Technician: kingmz, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. e91 is a communication error between the main PCB and UI board. Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes and plugging it back in? Try that before we continue this.

now it doesn't light led but will beep when move wheel

After being unplugged it doesnt light up but you hear beeps? Try and start a cycle and see what happens.

finally lit and got e 91 again
probably didn't wait long enough to reboot

Okay, your UI is bad, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b2p11/Frigidaire-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/137260820/1794149?modelNumber=FAFS4474LW0&ss=a11b2c13d831324&mr=1

If you order from a site such as repairclinic.com you can return the part if even after installing it. E91 is a an error that is either the UI or the main PCB. Based on what you told me about the display not lighting up, I'd say that the UI is bad. If that doesn't fix it you may need to replace the main PCB as well, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b2p11/Frigidaire-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/134959102/2688811?modelNumber=FAFS4474LW0&ss=a11b2c13d831324&mr=1

Before you order anything, unplug the unit and pull it out maybe 2-3 feet and take the top panel off. There are screws on the back holding it in place. Take a look at that second link I provided and make sure all connections are firmly in place, then follow the wires to the UI (first link) and make sure they are all connected. IF everything is connected replace the UI (first link)

display is on but the dial no longer lights up. the display is a little smudged. Order both and return one if not needed. don't understand how laying on side and returning would burn pcb?

Have you taken off the top and checked all the wiring as I instructed? They could have came loose, or it could be a coincidence that it broken and not due to what you did.

took top off. all wires are secure

Thats unfortunate, but that error code is pretty cut and dry. Well besides an actual way to determine if the problem is the UI or the main PCB that is.

i just plugged in again and got e 93 code???

is is e 93 or e 9e?

e9e is an error that means low voltage. Have you checked the wall outlet for 240 volts?

try flipping the dryer breaker off and on and see if that does anything

20 Amp outlet good. E93 is anotherConsole or Main Board problem. Ordered both from repair clinic!Thanks I will let you know how it works out.

Are you positive its e93 and not e9e? If so then yes it would be the main PCB. So try replacing the main pcb first since its easier and then try the dryer. You may need to replace both of them but unlikely.

If I have answered your question please accept and rate the answer. It is important to note that we can chat after you have accepted the answer. Have a good night and good luck!

kingmz
kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician