Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Model MtWS5770TQ code 123020 washing machine that

Customer Question

I have a Model MtWS5770TQ code 123020 washing machine that has a problem in the rinse cycle in that it is rinsing in hot water. I have checked it when it starts the rinse and the water will be warm, then shortly gets cold, then immediately gets hot and rinses in very hot water. I have checked the connections and they are hooked up properly , ie hot to hot and cold to cold.ave,
Would appreciate your helpl in getting this problem corrected. Thanks. ***** -***** The Villages, Fl 32159 ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you're certain that the hoses are not reversed, then your thermistor sensor which reads the water temperature has failed. This sensor is built into the water valve itself which your water supply hoses connect to on the back of the washer so below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.