How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 79502
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a nice washer and dryer set that I bought but

Customer Question

I have a nice washer and dryer set that I bought but something needs to be replaced to fix the door. It sags and has to be lifted to close. I posted some pictures and I know theres a lot of seperate parts for the door. What needs to be replaced? Please
send part numbers. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number for the washer please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number WCVH6800J1WW
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so you'll want to take the door apart and see if anything on the front door frame actually broke. If not then the the part number you'll need is WH01X10340 and that's the door hinge bracket on the door and the front door frame is part number WH46X10159 if you have a broken plastic pin where the screws go into it holding that bracket on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WH01X10340 This is coming up as a door shim? Is that what I need?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Aye, that is the part that the hinge seats in on the door itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that plastic shim is what's broke and making the door sag?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, either that or the screws that go through the shim into the front door trim are stripped out and the front trim needs to be replaced. That is why I gave you both part numbers. You'd have to take the door part to see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are some better pictures. There is one screw I unscrewed and the door come came off. What do I need?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ouch, ok you need both of those parts I told you about. You need both WH01X10340 and WH46X10159

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?