Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My water dispenser is not working it is running continuously

Customer Question

My water dispenser is not working it is running continuously what do I do to shut it off. It is inside the fridge. Kitchen aide model436395 or 817032 or(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Exact model number is *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.

Hello, this is Dave. Turn off the water to the refrigerator as soon as possible and then... There are two different failures that can cause this. 1. The switch that energizes the water valve may be stuck closed. Here is a link to the parts list for that section. Dispenser parts link. Push up on #28 to slide it off and get to a screw. Remove that screw and you can get to the switch #25 If it doesn't click or is jammed it is the problem. 2. If the switch is good it is the water valve. Water valve and icemaker parts link. The valve is #12 and it is behind the lower rear cover behind the refrigerator. Let me know what you find and if you still need help.

How far did you get? Did you shut off the water and determine the problem?